You wonderful humans you!











Wow! I must say that I am really blown away by what an amazing group of people we have right now on the land. Noah- our little garden hobbit always coming up with amazing new concoctions from the land- a hana farms favorite is his cacao and chili pepper ice-cream.

Willow Wind from Canada- we are going to kidnap you and not allow you to return to BC! thank you for sharing with us your art- and for recreating our nameless Hana-farms lady. (Wow! We really should start a "name our Lady" contest. Seriously...) you are an artist in the truest form...thanks for keeping "doodeling" alive. Thank you for all of the amazingly inventive meals, spoiling us with spanikopita, putting Ume Boshi Plum Vinegar on everything edible. and thank you for your honest exploration of yourself, sharing this crazy Saturn-returns with me;).

Aja- you are a wonder! I must say that when I picked you up in Kahului, I wondered how on earth this beautiful woman in flowing gowns and purple eyeshadow would fare in the jungle....and I am positively blown away. Who could have imagined! we have plans to put you on youtube....dressed in flowing gowns, flowers in your hair- machete in hand- opening a coconut without batting an eye. You are also voted Hana's BEST EVER salad maker. Even people who hate salads crave your salads. It is hilarious how you can't even go pick a salad without one of us coming out to you to offer some "assistance".

Trianna, you keep us all laughing all of the time. Whether it's avocados in your bra at the stand, or your dance parties in the kitchen. It has been a joy to see your love grow in the gardens, you have taught me how to be a better teacher, and I am ao grateful for that gift. I have watched your flower harvesting go from being a chore to being a meditation, and your flower bouquets are truly an art. I hope that your love for flowers continues to grow, and I look forward to seeing you dance someday with the torch gingers- (a dance I regretfully missed). Thank you for always sharing your truth- and your laughter. There is truly no one like you!

We are so lucky to have you as part of our family here. Thank you all for getting through a wet winter with such a positive outlook. Thank you for all of your creativity, for wonderful communal meals in the pod, for dance parties, and laughter... Aloha Nui Loa!

1 comment:

  1. Aunty Loa'ikalaniJuly 12, 2009

    i saw you guys at the First Friday in Wailuku- truly amazing SALADs- who thougtht a salad could be so yummy. I loved the bread too. How can we find you in hana? Are you selling at Mana Foods too? A friend told me that they got your hotsauce there. Thanks for all that you are doing for the locals of Hana. I think it's really cool that you are supporting the local economy- and I have some Uncles out in Hana who have nothing but good things to say about you guys. Keep up the good work- mahalo

    ReplyDelete